Tuesday 9 August 2011

Mascaras

Hi everyone,

This is my first blog and I hope to make many more in the future.  As a make up artist I am always being asked which mascara is the best mascara.  I have done lots research and tried loads and loads of different ones and  I can say that it's a jungle out there!  I have tried both budget and premium mascaras and I am going to let you know what to buy based on your eyelashes.  I will be updating and often as I can after having tried as many as I can.

Here's my verdict

Budget

For short straight lashes:  (Note that dead straight lashes will require the use of an eyelash curler to give them extra boost and curl.  Heated lash curlers are excellent for that too!)


Any mascara range that has a primer:


XXL Pro Extensions - Maybelline
Double Extension, Volume Shocking - L'Oreal
The primer will add another layer, stretch your lashes as far as they will go and create great volume.  It won't create something out of nothing but it will make the most of what you have!

For extra curl:

XXL Pro Curl - Maybelline
Lash Architect - L'Oreal (adds volume too!)
Max Bold Curves - Rimmel (adds volume too!)
Cover girl Lash Blast Fusion - give a beautiful, natural curl and loads of volume too!

For Volume:

Volume Express Range - Maybelline, am currently using the Falsie volume express and I love it!
Telescopic - L'Oreal
Lash blast Volume Blasting - Cover Girl this really is a brilliant mascara.  You have to work it a little but you get a great result!

Premium

For short straight lashes:

DiorShow Maximiser - Christian Dior
High Impact - Clinique

For extra curl:

Hypnose - Lancome
Virtuose - Lancome
The Mascara - Kevyn Aucoin (Curling) envelopes each lash in a little tube and washes off in water!  Great for those who smudge their mascara easily

For Volume:

DiorShow Black Out - Christian Dior, this really does give you huge boost to your lashes
The Mascara - Kevyn Aucoin (Volume)


I plan to try lots more so please bear with me.  I like to trial products as often as possible.  If you have any recommendations please let me know!

Until next time.

B-Lush Cosmetica


1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try DiorShow Black Out. Will let you know how I go :)

    Thanks for your help! xx

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete